Monday, July 9, 2012

My big 1st grader!

I got Addison up this morning and she kept saying, "I'm not ready, I'm not ready!".   She has been saying this a lot in the past few weeks but I knew she'd be fine.  She said that she's not ready for 1st grade, that she wants to stay in kindergarten and that she's going to miss her teachers.  It was actually really cute.  When she got to school, she looked really confused.  She had been to her new classroom before but I guess she forgot where it was.  When she got to the door, she just stood there, unsure if she wanted to walk in or not.  It was pretty funny.  She actually has a desk this year!  Last year, they all sat at tables with 6 kids to a table so it was fun to see her at an actual desk with her name on it.  Silly but it makes her seem more grown up.  Anyway, I'm sure she'll have a great day!


2 comments:

Bryan and Katie said...

what? school?! It's July 9th!

The Passey's said...

Yep! She's in year round. So she's only out of school for a week in between grades. She tracks out for 3 weeks in August, November, January and April. I love it! I don't know what I would do if she was out all Summer. It's too hot to do anything here!