Saturday, February 22, 2014

American Girl Trip!

For Addison's birthday Grammy date over track out, my mom decided to take her to the American Girl store in DC.  We were both SO excited about it.  Addison didn't know anything about it and didn't even know she was going anywhere until we left.  I packed a bunch of stuff for the long car ride, which we ALL appreciated : )


When we got there, my mom covered her eyes and had her wait until we were right in front of the store to surprise her.  She was DEFINITELY surprised!!  She was beyond excited and couldn't wait to go in.  She also couldn't believe that she got to pick any doll she wanted!    

She walked around the store for a long time, just trying to decide which one she wanted.  It's such a great store.  All the dolls are so cute!

She finally settled on Kit.  That was the one I thought she would get since she had just finished reading the books about her with my mom and LOVED her.


She even got to do a craft while we were there

After shopping, we got to eat at the restaurant that they have in the store.  It is seriously the cutest!  They have chairs and plates, etc... for the doll too.  Addison loved it and so did I!

Yum!

My mom wanted to take Addison to the D.C. temple since she hadn't seen a "big" temple yet.  She kept saying how beautiful it was.  I completely agree.  We walked in the lobby and then went to the visitors center.  We had a great time.  I'm so glad we made the stop there.  I hadn't been there in years.


She was excited to see a giant snow pile

Addison and her 2 dolls. She LOVES them!  We stayed for 2 nights and we had such a great time. We spent the next day at a huge outlet mall, swimming in the hotel pool, eating out and relaxing.  It was definitely a great girls vacation!!

Video of Addison being surprised!

No comments: