Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!!


Merry Christmas!  Here's a few shots of the kids all dressed up for church on the 23rd.  I always love the Sunday before Christmas when they get to wear their Christmas clothes and we get to listen to the Christmas program at church.  Definitely my favorite Sunday of the year!




We went to my parents house early on Christmas Eve for a huge yummy dinner.  It was so good and it was great to have everyone together for a nice meal.

Coop giving Trav a $1 massage.  It was supposed to be 10 minutes and didn't even last for 1.  Haha.

Christmas morning!!  Yes, I am insane and I set my alarm for 6 and actually wake my kids up.  I just can't wait any longer!  I also love seeing them when they first wake up and realize that Santa came.  We love filming it and watching it later.  Addison's "big" present this year was a Care Bear Castle.  Yes, she is still into Care Bears and LOVED this castle.  She played with it for a good long while before even asking for another present.  It was perfect.


My sweet boy and his Christmas hair.  Love it!


More Care Bears for Addison.  It still surprises me every time she gets so excited about getting one.

Phillip happy about his new long wool coat.  Now he won't have to be frozen when he doorknocks!

This was at the top of her list to Santa and she was very specific about it.  A pink Barbie remote control car with a Barbie inside it.  I don't know where she got the idea that she wanted one but I was happy that I was able to find it.  She loves it!

This rocket ship was the first thing he opened and he played with it the entire morning and in-between all of the other presents.  He wouldn't put it down.

TRAINS!!  Enough said!

Addison said this was one of her favorite presents.  She loves to color/draw so she got this tracing desk and she couldn't wait to get started on it immediately. She drew pictures for Grammy and Grandpa to take to their house later.  I see her using this A LOT.

Coop in his crazy Transformers mask.  He thinks it's awesome that it talks.


My big muscled Spiderman!

Luckily I was in charge of the camera so there are no pictures of me ; )  Phillip got me an awesome gift though.  He researched and picked out a video baby monitor to use for baby girl!  My brother and sister in law have one for their baby and I fell in love with it after seeing it and definitely wanted one for our next baby.  I'm SO excited to use it!

After we got done opening presents at home we cleaned up, ate breakfast and headed over to my mom's house to hang out for the rest of the day. They weren't done opening stuff yet so we got to spend some time with them exchanging gifts.  I got a huge shock when I opened a gift from my parents and saw an iPad.  I literally couldn't believe it.  I thought it was something else inside the iPad box.  I've been wanting one for forever but never even considered getting one so I was definitely surprised. I was SO excited.  I haven't put it down pretty much all day.  Addison got a camera from my parents and snapped this picture of us.  Me and my iPad and Phillip excited about his new shirt and tie.  He's been dying for new work clothes.
 

Cute picture of Uncle Trav and my superhero boy.  He loves his Captain America shield from Uncle Quin.  He carried it around all day.
Phillip opened the last present and there was a note that his present was outside.  Weird, we both thought.  What on earth could it be?  We were shocked to see this!  Literally shocked.  Normally I know what my parents are going to get him but I had no clue.  Apparently I'm not a good secret keeper so nobody told me!  Phillip was so excited about it.  We went canoeing/kayaking a few months ago and Phillip LOVED my dad's kayak.  Apparently they had a hard time finding one that would fit his long legs so this one is perfect.  He can't wait to get it on the lake!

Cooper wanted to try it out!

We got my dad Monopoly and it turned into quite a fiesty game! 
 We had a wonderful day.  The kids couldn't have been happier with everything and we got to spend time with my entire family playing games, eating food and just hanging out with each other.  Phillip even got to talk to his brother who is on his mission in Brazil.  He thought that was awesome.  It's the last time we're all going to be together for Christmas for about 4 years since Quin will be gone on his mission for the next 2 and then Brenan will be with Shannon's family the year after that so it was so good to get to spend time together today.  I hope everyone had a wonderful day.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: