Tuesday, April 15, 2014

1st Camping Trip of the Year

We went camping for the first time this year this past weekend. What was originally just going to be a trip with Tami's family and ours ended up being about 20 people at the last minute.  It was a lot of fun though.  I always forget how much work camping is, especially for just one night.  Even the guy checking us in couldn't believe that we were only staying one day.  I always say that we will go at least 2 nights next time but we never do because that would involve taking time off of work and school.  


I was worried about Haven since she's not really walking yet and still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth so pretty much crawling around in the dirt for 2 days.  Pretty much everything I was worried about came true but it ended up being ok.  She spit out pretty much everything she put in her mouth since it probably didn't taste very good :)

Here she is about to eat a leaf.  She seemed so happy about it.  She loves being outside!

Most of us down at the beach area.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  Not a million degrees like when we normally go so it was nice and cool.






All ready for bed!

She started off in the pack and play and when I woke up in the middle of the night, this is what I found.  Luckily I had the camera right behind me because this is too cute. 

Woke up to a beautiful chilly morning.  I LOVE sleeping without the rain fly so I can wake up to the sun and trees.  It is by far my favorite thing about sleeping outside.

I was still a little bit sleepy :)

She was so excited to see the outside when she woke up.  It was like she couldn't believe she was still there.  It was super cute.
Dakota was giving the kids a lesson about fire safety.  They were enthralled and they loved finding twigs to add.

Baby girl loved watching the fire get bigger.  She couldn't stop looking at it.

Seriously, could not stop staring, haha

After a yummy breakfast Phillip couldn't wait to get Haven ready to go kayaking.  They looked so cute!

She LOVED going out.  She screamed every time we got her out.  She even took a nap in there later in the afternoon


I got this chair on the 75% day of the consignment sale so it was only $.50!  I couldn't believe it.  It's perfect because of the sun shade.  She looked so adorable just sitting there like a big girl.

She got back in and couldn't stop trying to get the water.  It was freezing but they she loved it.

It didn't even occur to me that the kids would want to go swimming since it was chilly outside and the water was downright freezing. I only brought their bathing suits so it would be easier to play at the beach area.  I didn't even bring their floaties or towels or anything.  They LOVED playing in the water though.  They didn't even seem to notice that was frigid.


Poor Addison couldn't swim because of her stupid cast so she was pretty bummed but she still had fun anyway.  She can't wait to go again so she can enjoy the water!


Phillip had his kayak and Dakota brought 2 more so all the guys went out with some of the kids.  Looked like fun!

Charlotte's daughter wanted to go out with Addison so they went out together.  It never occurred to me to let them go out by themselves but they did great and had so much fun!

It definitely warmed up a lot by the afternoon so baby girl stripped down to her suit.  I LOVE it!

All the big girls out together

I plopped Haven down to see what she would do and she LOVED it.  She literally sat there for an hour and a half just splashing and laughing at the tiny waves made from the boats.  She was in heaven and looked incredibly adorable.  
We had a great time and hopefully we'll be able to go a lot this Summer!

No comments: