Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cooper is here!!!!


Cooper Chase Passey is finally here! We are so excited and we love him so much already. I still can't believe he's here and that I'm not pregnant anymore. It's a little surreal. So, we were supposed to come into the hospital this morning to be induced but it seems that he didn't want to wait that long. We were celebrating my birthday early so we went to Chili's for dinner and all through dinner I kept getting contractions so I told Phillip we had to leave and drop Addison off at my parents. We were already planning on that because we were supposed to go see a movie and have Addison just sleep over since we were supposed to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM so it worked out pretty well. We decided to skip the movie and go straight to the hospital and got there around 8 PM. Well of course as soon as we got there, my contractions pretty much stopped but they decided to keep me since I was just going to come back in the morning. About 2 hours after nothing happening, the doctor said she was going to break my water, which she did and immediately the contractions came on hard and fast. I was able to get my epidural around midnight but it only worked on one side of me so I was still in a lot of pain. About an hour after that I felt like I needed to push so the nurse came and checked me and said I was definitely ready and called the doctor. I had to wait for them to all get set up and as soon as she said I could start pushing, I did and his head immediately came out. We were shocked. I pushed one more time and the rest of his body came out. It was so fast! Phillip got to cut the umbilical cord this time around so we were happy about that. He's such a beautiful and calm baby. He didn't make a sound during his bath or at all when he's been awake. He's been alert and happy all day. He was born at 1:17 AM weighing 7 lbs 7 oz and he is 20 1/2 inches. We love him so much! The only really hard part about being here is that Addison is not allowed to visit. Because of the H1N1 virus, children under 18 can't come in so that's been really hard on me but other than that, everything has gone perfectly!

His first picture. About 10 minutes old,

Just checking me out

Mommy and Cooper

Looking for some food!

So cute!

Love his chubby cheeks!

Daddy kisses

No comments: