Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rapunzel on Ice

Ever since I saw that Disney Princesses on Ice was coming here I knew I had to buy tickets. I found a pre-sale code from a friend and bought them even before they were open to the public, I was SO excited. A few weeks later we got a postcard in the mail advertising it with a picture of Rapunzel on the front. Addison immediately started saying she wanted to go and kept the postcard on the dresser in her room. She begged to go but I wanted to surprise her with it so I told her she would have to save up her allowance money to buy the tickets. Well, she didn't save enough money (I knew she wouldn't, that's why I told her that) and she was so sad that she wasn't going to be able to go. Last night I asked her to come to the store with me and when we pulled up to the RBC Center, she was confused and said that it didn't look like the store, it looked like the place where we watch the hockey games. Then when we got out of the car I gave her her Rapunzel dress and told her where we really were. She was confused for a second and then started jumping up and down saying "thank you, thank you". I'm glad I kept it a surprise. It was so fun to see her get so excited!

She was excited to get a snow cone in a Rapunzel cup and was even more excited when I told her she gets to actually keep the cup ; )

Just a few highlights from the show...Princess and the Frog song

Cinderella and her fairy godmother and mice friends

Dancing at the ball

Cinderella and her prince ; )

And now for the main event...Addison is OBSESSED with Rapunzel and couldn't wait to see it. Sorry the pictures are so bad. It's dark and they're skating around really fast.

I know this is a terrible picture but this was the highlight for Addison. She was so amazed that they were "flying". It really was beautiful to watch and I enjoyed singing along!

"I got a dream" is Addison's favorite song from the movie. It was cute to see her singing along and enjoying it so much.

At the end, ALL of the princesses came out. She was so happy to see Ariel, Jasmine, Mulan, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty.
After the show was done and we were walking back to the car Addison just kept saying thank you and that it was the best Mommy/Addison date ever and she said "my dreams came true mom". That about melted my heart!

No comments: