Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Disney - Day 2!

Magic Kingdom day!  Yay!  To me, Magic Kingdom is Disney so I was practically busting at the seams to get there before it opened.  I was so excited!  We had a plan of action to ride as many rides as possible and the day went perfectly.  We hardly waited in any lines, the kids were great and best of all, the high was only 75 degrees for the day.  Couldn't have been better!  

The kids all ready to go and waiting for it to open!

The morning characters do a little song and dance before it opens.  The kids thought it was awesome.

First up was Dumbo.  Addison had been talking about this for 2 days and she was happy it went really high and that she could control how high it went. 

Obligatory Tea Cup ride.  Ugh, I hate this ride because it makes me sick but the kids really wanted to do it.  At least they were happy about it

Playing in Pooh's Corner waiting in line for the Winnie the Pooh ride


On the Small World ride.  Love it so much!  It's definitely one of my favorites.  Apparently Phillip was taking some video of us on the ride and when he looked over at me, I was just happily singing along to the song not paying attention to anything else.  He thinks it's the funniest thing ever.  

3D Mickey's PhilarMagic.  I didn't want to do this because it looked boring but we got a surprise Fastpass for it so we went and I have to say that I totally loved it.  It was really sweet and funny.  Cooper especially loved all of the 3D effects and tried to reach out a few times and was laughing at a lot of it.  Totally worth it.  

Pooped out after lunch.  We switched off taking Addison on Splash Mountain a few times.  It worked out perfectly.

Addison and I after the big drop on Splash Mountain.  We're in the back.

Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder in the afternoon parade.  Addison's favorite.

Waiting for Pirates of the Carribean ride.  I love this ride.  Cooper wanted to ride it at first but after a cannon shot up and sprayed water on us, he cried and wanted to get off.  I still loved it!

He did however like the store outside of the ride.  He loves pirate stuff.  Arrrgh...

My other little pirate

Cooper and me on Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride.  A lot like Dumbo but I liked this one better I think.

Jungle Cruise.  I remember loving this ride as a kid and the jokes were still just a corny but it wasn't as good as I remembered.  The kids totally loved it though.

The kids in front of the beautiful castle.  Glad they were smiling.  I couldn't believe how many great pictures we had been getting with them smiling great.  They just seemed to always be smiling.  It was great!


I wanted to get the kids Mickey/Minnie ears and they are so cute! They had a million different ones to choose from but I love the classic look.  I still have mine from when I was a kid.

Someone was blowing bubbles and they were trying to catch them


We had dinner at The Crystal Palace which had Winnie the Pooh characters.  Neither of my kids have really been into Pooh but they both really loved seeing the characters.  Addison really got into getting autographs for her book so it was nice to do all of these dinners so we didn't have to wait in a bunch of lines to meet them.




Cooper giving Tigger a hi-five


Right after dinner we ran outside to catch the electrical parade on Main street.  It was awesome.  The lights were amazing.


Love the castle all lit up at night

Waiting not so patiently for the fireworks

Beautiful!!


The second the fireworks were over Addison asked if she could go to sleep.  We had gotten up at 6:30 and the fireworks ended at 10:30.  I can't believe we made it all day, especially without a meltdown.  We had planned to go back to the hotel in the afternoon for naps but after Cooper slept in the stroller there was really no point.  It was a fantastic day!

No comments: