Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Big 3-0

I'm finally 30!  When I got married, I thought 30 was SO old.  Thats so funny to me now because I certainly don't feel any different.  I guess a lot has happened in the last 10 years but sometimes I still don't feel like a "grown up" ; )

Phillip stayed up until 2 in the morning the night before my birthday to get everything ready. Wrapping presents, putting balloons all over my bedroom floor, decorating the kitchen, making my cake and making about a month's worth of my favorite breakfast burritos.  It was awesome!  He did a ton and it turned out great.

I am especially impressed with the cake.  Apparently he baked 3 cakes to put them together like this with different flavors just in case I wanted more than one.  It was delish!

Even the kids were really good all day.  They played nicely together, didn't fight or talk back and kept wishing me happy birthday all day long.  It was very cute.

 Before we went to dinner, we had my cake and opened presents.  It was so fun!


Phillip and I went to my favorite seafood place by my parents house and it was amazing!  One of the best meals I've ever eaten.  We hadn't been out together by ourselves since February so it was awesome to go out just the 2 of us.  It really was a fantastic birthday!

No comments: