We splurged a little with our tax return and finally took a real family vacation. I have been looking forward to this for SO long! I've been wanting to go to Great Wolf Lodge for years so I was so glad to finally book it. It's about 2 hours from our house so not a far drive at all. A must when traveling with 2 kids and no DVD player in the car. If you don't know what it is, Great Wolf is a nice hotel with an indoor waterpark in it. Tons of water slides, a wave pool, kiddie area, a giant fort with a giant bucket of water that dumps every 5 minutes and lots of other things to do.
SO, after crying a little, I am posting the pictures that I DO have. I got a disposable waterproof camera to take into the waterpark so there wouldn't be any chance of ruining our real camera. I immediately dropped it off to be developed on the way home because I was SO excited to see the pictures. When I picked it up, the lady asked if we went to Great Wolf because every picture she has developed from there has been too dark to see anything. Of course ours were too so we didn't get a single picture from inside the park which just about kills me because that is where we spent most of our time. I had or thought I had some really great pictures of Addison going down the giant slides that she was originally too scared of but ended up loving them after a few times. I really thought she would be scared of most of them but she had a blast. She also really loved the wave pool and would purposely get caught in the middle of them just to get tossed around. Cooper was pretty scared of everything the whole time. He held onto Phillip the entire time except when I could pry him away so Phillip could do some slides with Addison. He actually did like the wave pool finally and LOVED watching the giant bucket pour on everyone. Hopefully if we go there again he will enjoy it more. It may look like we just went mini-golfing and to an arcade according to the pictures but we spent about 6 hours every day in the waterpark and hopefully I'll be able to get over losing those pictures. We were busy pretty much every minute and had a great time. Back to reality now!!
I specifically got an upgraded room that had bunk beds because Addison is obsessed with them. She said her favorite part of the whole vacation was sleeping on the top of the bunk bed and getting her own TV to watch in her room.
Every night they have story time in the main lobby where everyone wears their pajamas. I thought Cooper would be bored out of his mind but he loved it. It probably had something to do with the giant wolf that was standing there next to the book.
Late night ice cream treats. Addison insisted on getting mint ice cream with gummy bears on top. So much like her daddy!



1 comment:
I'm sad all your water pictures didn't turn out. You got some good ones though. You guys totally deserved a good break. Happy you had a great time.
Post a Comment