Monday, June 18, 2012

Myrtle Beach

We headed to Myrtle Beach this past weekend for Phillip's annual Summer regional meeting and the kids could not wait.  Cooper's been asking every day for 5 months to go to the beach so he was especially glad when I finally said yes!  

We got there Thursday afternoon and had some meetings so straight after dinner we took the kids down to play.  

Cooper really wanted to bury Addison and she was happy to do it!



This picture is hilarious to me.  Apparently his swimsuit was a little too big and kept falling down so he had to hold it up with both hands just to keep it up.  It was so funny to watch him ru

Getting ready to jump
 

Success!

 Going for a little stroll


It's a little blurry because I was so far away but I love this picture because they look like that are just having pure fun.

The next 2 pictures are of the sky at the same time.  The first was from what was in front of me...

then I immediately turned around to get a picture of the sunset from behind me.  It was awesome.

Good morning!


View from our room. Loved waking up to the ocean every morning.

Phillip had meetings all morning on Friday so the kids and I spend some time a the waterpark and lazy river area.  The water was REALLY cold so Cooper and I didn't want to get in for very long but Addison had a blast.  


She just decided to do a little song and dance.  She's in a world of her own.

Getting in a little. He did this and the slide with me once and then wanted to go somewhere warmer.  Luckily the lazy river was heated so we spent a long time in there!


The tiny baby pool was also heated so he spent the rest of the morning here playing with someone else's boat.

Addison felt bad for Cooper that he didn't want to go on the slides so she came to play with him for a few minutes.  Such a good big sister.

Fun waterslide area!

Addison was snapping pictures in our room and I thought this one came out pretty cute.  

Friday night was luau night so of course we had to get a family picture. Cooper wanted no part of it.  In fact, unless we were at the beach or pool, he was kind of cranky all weekend.  Oh well!


He finally decided to be nice and was making tons of funny faces.  It was really cute.


Addison in the middle of looking for pinata treasures.

Even Cooper got some too!

We spent pretty much the entire day on Saturday at the beach.  The weather was perfect.  Not humid at all and not too hot.  I am normally not a huge beach fan because I hate the heat but it was REALLY nice that day.


Cooper's idea of a sandcastle.  Get a pile of sand together and then put a bunch of stuff on it.  It was so cute.

Addison's castle

After playing with Phillip in the water for a long time, they wanted to rest.

20 minutes later I looked over and Cooper was dead asleep.  He was SO tired.  We packed up right after this and he never woke up between the beach and the room and then still slept another 2 and a half hours after that.  He definitely needed a good nap!
We checked out Sunday morning and went straight to Phillip's grandparents house to celebrate Father's Day with his family.  We had a great time and the kids were in heaven with so many kids to play with.  After a yummy dinner and a couple of games of Screwy Louie we headed home and got home around 11:30.  Very fun and exhausting weekend!

No comments: